What do I teach online?
Flute and music theory for a wide range of ages and abilities (from beginners to Grade 8).
I also am a #littleflutes expert, which means I work with young children (3-5 years old) using the Nuvo TooT to help them understand music and pre-flutes before graduating to the flute.
Who can take online lessons?
Anyone! I used to recommend online lessons for students who have been playing for one year or more; however, due to recent circumstances, all of my students have moved online, including my beginners. This means I've worked hard to develop a technique that works best for teaching beginners online.
How long are the online lessons?
I offer 30, 45 and 60 minute lessons.
How old do you have to be to take lessons?
I accept all ages, however, for students younger than 15 years old, it might be helpful to have a parent nearby as online lessons require a little bit more concentration. Please note that you have to be over 18 years old to book lessons. If you are under 18 years old, please ask your parent or guardian to contact me.
How much are lessons and how are they paid for?
My fees are:
I book monthly lessons before the start of the month. Once you confirm which lessons you'd like booked, I will send an invoice, which can be paid via BACS or with a credit or debit card online.
Tiny Toots lessons are booked as a 10-lesson course. The fee is £335 and that includes the full course of lessons, an instrument (Nuvo TooT), method book pdf, and lots of colourful goodies and toys to help make learning fun!
Do I teach one-off trial lessons?
If you're not sure online lessons are right for you, you can purchase a one-off 30-minute trial lesson for £20.
What's my studio policy and other annoying small print stuff...
1. There are no refunds!
2. Lessons must be paid 24 hours before the first lesson.
3. It is up to the student to log into the provided Zoom link at the appropriate time. If you do not, the lesson time is forfeit and not credited back to you.
4. Lessons are reserved for specific time slots regardless of when you join the Zoom session. For example, if the lesson is scheduled for 1pm-2pm and you arrive at 1:15pm, your lesson will still finish at 2pm and the full fee will be charged.
5. I need 12-hour notice for a non-emergency change in schedule. If you contact me in less than 12-hours, your lesson time is forfeit and not credited back to you. The new scheduled hour will count as another lesson hour.
6. Despite all these scary rules, I'm still human and will make exceptions at my discrepancy.
7. Finally - I love teaching and I hope to foster a love of flute and performance in you, so lessons are first and foremost about having fun!!